这些文章, linked by the common theme of social isolation, give an introduction to our subjects and the tutors who teach them.
Our English Literature tutors contributed articles on Medieval anchoresses, Oscar Wilde's experience of forced solitary confinement, 丹尼尔·笛福的 瘟疫年杂志塞缪尔·泰勒·柯勒律治的诗 孤独的担忧 and Thomas Nashe as 'plague's prisoner'.
非凡体育首页的物理 & Materials tutors have contributed pieces on the magnetic properties of isolated atoms, Solitary Neutrinos and the socialising qubits in quantum computing.
Watch this space for Maths making waves, and more subjects to come ...
- 3rd and 4th Century Social Distancing in the Desert (Jenn Strawbridge, Theology)
- Avoiding an Empty Universe with Solitary Neutrinos (Steve Biller, Physics)
- 丹尼尔·笛福的 瘟疫年杂志 (Ros Ballaster, English)
- Doing Community in Isolation: Mosques, Mecca and One Direction
- Isolation and Revelation (Alison Salvesen, Oriental Studies)
- 磁铁在隔离 (Stephen Blundell, Physics)
- Oscar Wilde in prison (Michèle Mendelssohn, English)
- 身体上的, 而不是社会, isolated: Insights from a small Micronesian island
- Power and politics amidst COVID-19 seclusions—perspectives from geography (Amber Murrey, Geography)
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s ‘孤独的担忧’ (Ruth Scobie, English)
- Social Distancing in Ancrene Wisse (Lucinda Rumsey, English)
- Social distancing and quantum computing – are we all qubits now? (Jason Smith，材料科学)
- Thomas Nashe: ‘Plague’s Prisoner’ (Chris Salamone, English)
- 即使是建筑物也需要隔离 (Sinan Acikgoz, Engineering)
- 资源 to explore your subject